Friday, July 22, 2011

Test Report 1, Beluga Airplane

This is Dr. Stanislaw Todorov, reporting on the endurance test of the experimental Beluga airplane. Initial testing proceeded without incident, and we made it to Asia without any loss in performance or structural integrity.

Sidenote: The environment in Shanghai seems to be somewhat counterindicative to the deployment of robotic systems, such as Hauser. Detrimental environmental factors include humidity, abundance of airborne micro particles (dust), and Asian people with guns.

Sidenote II: I was surprised how fast the authorities reacted to my complaint about malfunctioning local (Japanese) law enforcement. Their way of apologizing did not really conform to my British expectations, but I will just excuse that based on cultural differences. Dealing with humans is hard enough in one’s own culture. To my delight the local authorities suggested an additional test scenario, [river landing] which game me the opportunity to equipped the Beluga with a tiltrotor mechanism, enabling both vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL), and short takeoff and landing (STOL) capability.

Personal note: This might prove to be a very interesting trip after all. I believe we are now approaching the testing side Mr. Knight has selected, and there is even a convenient local conflict we can use to test the Beluga under “real life” conditions. I will continue my report after the next test scenario has been completed.

>>For some real world comparison, just imagine our airplane is the lovechild of those two airplanes:
Osprey
& Beluga

1 comment:

  1. Whatever Skills/Stunts/Aspects you put into your Science/Build anything abilities...
    They were worth it!
    :)

    ReplyDelete